Asbestos Removal Mackay
Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition Operates in Mackay
Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition has over a decade in the industry and now offers our services for residential, industrial and commercial clients in Mackay. Asbestos was at the cutting edge of fire protection for building in the early to mid-20th centuries to as late as the 1980s when its potential as a health hazard became well known. It is most dangerous when disturbed, and this makes hiring an experienced and competent company to remove it is the best way to ensure that it is done safely.
Tips Regarding Mackay Asbestos Removal
Asbestos was considered almost miraculous when people first discovered its remarkable fire-resistant qualities, but it wasn’t until the industrial age when its use became widespread as an important fire retardant in building supplies. Soon after, the detrimental effects it can have on the lungs and other parts of the body began to show in asbestos mining towns, and by 1980 its use in construction had been phased out in Australia. Here are a few essential tips to remember regarding asbestos:
- In Australia, asbestos had been popular in construction from 1946 to 1980. If you have a building that was built or renovated during those years, getting an asbestos check before you perform any renovation is the best option.
- Most asbestos in buildings is known as bonded, meaning that the fibres have been bonded with other material such as drywall or concrete. When this is undisturbed, it is generally safe, but once the bonded material is cracked or broken, the asbestos fibres can become airborne.
- Don’t deal with asbestos yourself. It is an extremely hazardous material, and the only way to ensure that all the dangerous fibres have been completely removed is to hire an experienced company like ours.
Problems with Asbestos in Mackay that Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition Addresses
Asbestos fibres are the very definition of a hidden danger, sitting idle in the walls of our buildings until renovation or demolition sets them free. Its presence in airborne dust might not be known until health problems arise later. Instead of risking that possibility, we are here to help with the following asbestos removal problems:
- Due to its hidden nature, the use of asbestos testing in MacKay is vital to show that all the danger has been removed. We conduct thorough testing after all our jobs.
- Asbestos poses a danger throughout the removal process. We follow the strictest safety standards to prevent any of it getting into the environment.
- After we finish removing the asbestos-containing material, we decontaminate all our equipment and the site, so that it left clear and in a safe state to enter.
What Customers Stand to Gain if They Use Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition
When customers come to us, they will gain our experience as we remove the asbestos from their site keeping safety first and ensuring that no asbestos remains or is released to the environment. Complete asbestos removal not only affects your site but prevents the harmful asbestos fibres from affecting your neighbours. This peace of mind is something many other companies offering asbestos removal in Mackay QLD can’t offer. If you are interested in learning more about how we safely remove asbestos, contact us today.