Asbestos Removal Queensland with a Satisfaction Guarantee
If you need reliable asbestos removal in Queensland, look no further than Bear Asbestos. Our company offers services that are guaranteed high quality and at reasonable cost. So call us today and let us know how we can help with the removal of friable asbestos or bonded asbestos with a satisfaction guarantee.
Licensed Asbestos Removal
At Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition, we assure our clients of the quality of our works through our team of licensed asbestos removal professionals. We have over a decade in the industry and offer our services for residential, industrial and commercial clients in Queensland. Asbestos was at the cutting edge of fire protection for building in the early to mid-20th centuries to as late as the 1980s when its potential as a health hazard became well known. It is most dangerous when disturbed, and this makes hiring an experienced and competent company to remove it the best way to ensure that it is done safely.
IS IT FRIABLE OR NON-FRIABLE / BONDED?
Asbestos products are generally referred to as friable or non-friable/bonded. This terminology refers to how easily the product may release fibres when disturbed.
Friable or A Class Asbestos
Friable asbestos or also known as A class asbestos is the most hazardous material. With very little pressure it can be crumbled or broken, and reduced to a powder. If this has happened in your home you need to take immediate action.
You should also note that previously non-friable/bonded material that has been broken or damaged can become friable.
It is necessary to take samples and have them tested in a laboratory to identify the presence of asbestos, this will also determine whether it is friable or non-friable.
As a general rule, if you think the material is asbestos, treat it as such until you know otherwise.
Most of the asbestos used in Australia was non-friable/bonded. This means the fibres were bonded by cement, resin, vinyl, or another material. This type of product releases fibres when damaged or broken.
The reassuring news is that these fibres are coarser and don’t pose as high a risk. Having said that, however, they are still dangerous and need to be professionally removed and disposed of.
HOW WE PROVIDE THOROUGH AND PROPER ASBESTOS REMOVAL SERVICES
At Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality work with a satisfaction guarantee. Our clients know that when we set out to do the job, safety is our top priority through each step of the process:
- Preparation means attention to detail. We cover all the vents within your home, place signs around the property to notify others of the work we are doing, and we seal all work areas with heavy-duty plastic sheeting.
- A class asbestos removal requires tools that do not create dust because the fibres released during must not contaminate the air. We use power tools tools and specialised asbestos vacuum cleaners to remove the asbestos.
- Once the process is complete, decontamination of the tools used, the demolished area, and all individuals who worked on the removal is a final and crucial step. We will vacuum the tools, the clothing, and the entire site, and then carry out a thorough wash down with water.
Tips Regarding Queensland Asbestos Removal
Asbestos was considered almost miraculous when people first discovered its remarkable fire-resistant qualities, but it wasn’t until the industrial age when its use became widespread as an important fire retardant in building supplies. Soon after, the detrimental effects it can have on the lungs and other parts of the body began to show in asbestos mining towns. It was banned in 1986 but rule of thumb is everything before 1990 could contain asbestos. Here are a few essential tips you need to know about asbestos:
- Get an asbestos check before performing any renovation. In Australia, asbestos had been popular in construction from 1946 to 1980. If you have a building that was built or renovated during those years, getting an asbestos check before you perform any renovation is the best option.
- Dangerous when disturbed. Most asbestos in buildings is known as bonded, meaning that the fibres have been bonded with other material such as drywall or concrete. When this is undisturbed, it is generally safe, but once the bonded material is cracked or broken, the asbestos fibres can become airborne and dangerous when inhaled.
- Don’t deal with asbestos yourself. It is an extremely hazardous material, and the only way to ensure that all the dangerous fibres have been completely removed is to hire an experienced company like ours.
Problems with Asbestos in Queensland We at Breathe Easy Can Address
Asbestos fibres are the very definition of a hidden danger, sitting idle in the walls of our buildings until renovation or demolition sets them free. Its presence in airborne dust might not be known until health problems arise later. Instead of risking that possibility, we are here to help with the following asbestos removal problems:
- Asbestos is difficult to remove. Due to its hidden nature, you need fully licenced and qualified specialists with years of experience to find and remove asbestos effectively.
- Asbestos poses a danger throughout the removal process. We follow the strictest safety standards to prevent any of it getting into the environment.
- Proper and extensive decontamination is critical. After we finish removing the asbestos-containing material, we decontaminate all our equipment and the site, so that it left clear and in a safe state to enter.
Commercial Asbestos Removal
We also provide the highest quality commercial asbestos removal services with a satisfaction guarantee for various types of establishments that include but are not limited to:
- Shopping centres and retail stores
- Restaurants and cafes
- Hospitals, clinics, and aged care facilities
- Universities and educational institutions
- Factories and warehouses
With our team’s skills and experience, we are capable of removing asbestos with minimal disruption to the facility and the workforce. By removing hazardous materials, especially friable or A class asbestos, we are helping ensure the health and safety of the employees in any workplace as well as clients/customers and the people in the immediate vicinity.
Asbestos Roof Removal
Our company also specialises in asbestos roof removal for a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial properties in Queensland. With many homes and businesses in Australia built before 1990 having asbestos-containing roofing materials, there is a great need to remove these roofs to protect the health and safety of the people going in and out of these buildings. We have vast experience in safely and quickly removing asbestos-containing roofs from properties as well as transporting and disposing of these materials following the strictest safety protocols and standards.
Asbestos Soil Remediation
Dangerous asbestos materials can be found in soil as a result of poor demolition and disposal practices. If there is a possibility that a certain site has hazardous asbestos in the soil, proper sampling and testing need to be done to look for traces of the material. It can present as discrete fibres or pieces of building materials like fragments of asbestos roof tiles or debris from thermal insulation. Samples are sent to laboratories and tested. Once found, we can assist in the proper removal and disposal of the asbestos-containing soil. Our team will make sure that there is no remaining trace of the dangerous material left in the site. Asbestos soil remediation is done for the protection of future site users as well as the general public.
What You Gain If You Hire Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition
When you hire us, you will discover our skills and experience in removing asbestos from your site, keeping safety first, and ensuring that no asbestos remains or is released to the environment. Complete asbestos removal not only affects your site but prevents the harmful asbestos fibres from affecting your neighbours. This peace of mind is something many other companies offering asbestos removal in Queensland do not offer. If you are interested in learning more about how we safely remove asbestos, contact us today.
Get in touch with B.E.A.R today!