Asbestos Testing Queensland
Understanding the Importance of Asbestos Testing in Queensland
Do you require professional asbestos testing in Queensland? If your building is a certain age, then the answer is probably yes. While most people believe that asbestos was outlawed for many, many years, the truth is that this cancer-causing mineral was not officially banned in Australia until 31 December 2003. Asbestos was widely used in construction in Australia up through the mid-1980s. Homes and commercial or industrial buildings constructed before 1990, therefore, are likely to use at least some asbestos-containing materials (ACMs).
Tips Regarding Asbestos in Queensland
When it comes to dealing with matters of asbestos in Queensland, our team at Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition is here to help. First, keep these tips in mind if you think your home or building might have an asbestos issue.
- Be safe, not sorry: Asbestos is carcinogenic and extremely dangerous to humans and animals alike. If your building was constructed before 1990—or, frankly, even if it was built before the asbestos ban in 2003—it can provide a great deal of comfort and peace of mind to have an asbestos professional carry out a full inspection. ACMs can be just about anywhere—including roofing, gutters, eaves, walls, carpet, tile underlay, insulation, sheds, splashbacks, concrete formwork and more. A thorough inspection of an older building can let you know if there are any ACMs on the premises and whether you need to worry about them.
- Test before renovations: Calling a Queensland asbestos testing company is especially essential if you are planning on renovating a house or building constructed in the peak of asbestos usage. From the 1930s to the 1980s, Australia reportedly imported 1.5 million tonnes of asbestos. Our country had one of the highest per-person asbestos usage rates of any country on the planet. The result of these facts and figures is that you can never assume asbestos isn’t there—especially if you are going to start knocking down walls, tearing up flooring or ripping up roof tiles. Asbestos exists in two states: friable and non-friable. The former is far more dangerous because it can crumble at the touch and turn into microscopic fibres that are virtually impossible not to inhale. During renovation and construction work, though, even non-friable asbestos can crumble or become disturbed, rendering it rather dangerous on its own.
- Don’t do it yourself: DIY projects are popular these days, especially in the world of home improvement. When it comes to asbestos testing or removal, though, don’t try to do it yourself. We never recommend DIY asbestos removal. In fact, there are licensing laws you must follow for asbestos removal in Queensland. The removal of more than 10 square metres of asbestos requires a license from Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. Rather than deal with this headache—or take the risks of DIY removal—hire a professional to provide asbestos-related services.
Related Services We Provide to Asbestos Testing in Queensland
We are a Queensland asbestos testing business, which means we can carry out thorough ACM testing and air testing at homes, commercial buildings and industrial buildings. If it proves that your building does have asbestos, we can offer additional services, including:
- Removal: We offer Queensland asbestos removal, including the removal of both friable and non-friable asbestos. We regularly remove asbestos roofing, wall sheeting, fences, vinyl, floor tiles and more.
- Demolition: If a building is so fraught with asbestos that it isn’t worth saving, or if the asbestos is holding up a renovation or demolition, we can help. We are skilled at planning for asbestos as part of demolition projects. We can carry out both partial and complete demolitions.
- Post-removal services: Depending on your removal situation, our team can also provide a variety of post-treatment services. These include soil decontamination and remediation, replacement of wall cladding, full asbestos roof replacement work and more.
Why Customers Should Use Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition
Breathe Easy Asbestos Removal and Demolition is dedicated to providing superior services for asbestos testing in Queensland. Our founders worked for more than a decade in the industry, spanning 14 different companies, before starting this business. We know how to do this work thoroughly to ensure a safe, smart and effective result for our customers. Furthermore, both our company and our technicians are fully licensed and insured, so the customer doesn’t have to worry about any lapses in compliance. Contact us today if you are interested in learning more.